Monday, October 13, 2014

week five writing outcomes and personal reflection

This week I have been working on writing outcomes for my course Technology for the Educator.  I did not feeI that I had any difficulties, however the task is not an easy one. It really requires thoughtful consideration and a crticial eye. I have learned a lot about the different domains and matching outcomes to them. I started out by writing all of my outcomes for the cognitive domain, a la Blooms. I then realized that I had been instructed to write to the affective and psychomotor doamins as well. I re-visited the flow chart that I have been composing (Sharpies and paper!) and placed two outcomes for each of these domains as well. I wanted to keep the outcomes list short (I have eight) so I changed the working to accomodate for the affetive and psychmotor.
I found two resources online that were helpful
http://thesecondprinciple.com/instructional-design/threedomainsoflearning/
and
http://www.nwlink.com/~donclark/hrd/bloom.html





I feel good about where I am headed with the course design and I have stared to create some objectives.
I am finding this course to be different than others that I have taken so far, probably due to the lack of student participation in the forums. It is pretty quiet. So far, I am always the first to post and there is not a lot of action. In the summer when I took 4F32 I thought I would tear my hair out trying to keep up with the posts. I missed over a thousand that I never even read from ther groups in the course. I felt overwhemled because of this and the fact that I was taking another course at the same time and one that overlapped at the end. This time I feel rather solitary. Be careful what I wish for! I think a nice balance would be ideal! I am considering two courses in the winter term as I am off from teaching. Not sure yet.
C.

No comments:

Post a Comment